March 23, 2021

Repotting The Monster Mulberry - Revisiting the Basics

Source material: 3/16/2021

            After a few weeks of being buried in snow, last week my larch seedlings started setting off alarm bells with green needles bursting from their dormant buds. "REPOTTING SEASON IS HERE, GET YOUR A@# INTO HIGH GEAR!" - is probably what they were telling me. I quickly reorganized my work and homework schedule to make the past week as bonsai-focused as possible for this narrow springtime window. While spring is also the perfect time for planting seeds, today we will discuss the first of a handful of major repots I did last week. Today's repotting report focuses on one of the largest trees in my collection at the moment - a yardadori/landscape origin mulberry tree.

            This repot was done with the help of my friend in the Columbus Bonsai Society, Kevin. Kevin grew up around Portland, Oregon and moved to Ohio just a year or two before I moved back. It's been great having another PNW native person to talk bonsai with. Thanks for your help building the grow box, Kevin! Y'all will definitely see more of him in future projects on this blog 😉.

Sections

First up: The Monster Mulberry with a falling apart plastic pot (hence the need for the repot).
ADBLOCKER DETECTED
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. That's okay, sometimes I do too.
Please disable your ad blocker and reload the page to support our work making free bonsai content for readers like you.
Reload Page
Powered By - BlogAntiAdblock